Saturday, May 16, 2020

The Secret




For what seems like forever I was plagued by fear and insecurity. I doubted my abilities and my worth. I was afraid of rocking the boat. I didn't allow myself to be open and vulnerable with anyone. And eventually I started shutting down.

I shut down my emotions. I stopped voicing my opinion or views. I stopped reaching out. I made myself small and invisible. There was in a constant battle going on in my mind. I often sacrificed my needs and desires for everyone else.

That's no way to live.

I am slowly making my way back to myself. It's hard work! I have journaled like never before. I have spent a lot of time thinking and observing my own thoughts and actions. I have spent time in reflection. And I've cried myself to sleep many nights.

I haven't arrived, but I'm actively working on it. But I like myself!! I'm funny and a good listener. I like to help people and create things. I'm a good person. I don't go out of my way to hurt or offend people. I show everyone respect and give common courtesy  - treat others the way I'd like to be treated.

I don't have to be like everyone else to be liked or loved. I don't have to be a martyr to prove my worthiness. I don't have to do anything I don't want to do. I am in control of my choices and my happiness. It took me a long time to come to that realization. Better late than never!

The secret is learning to be yourself and not being afraid to shine! It's so simple, yet hard to implement especially if you're used to negative thought patterns. Change your thoughts. Get to know yourself. Work on your toxic traits.

Life is too short to be anything but happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment