Saturday, January 4, 2020

Pretty In Pink



I am a pink girl. It's my favorite color of all which is why I am making it one of my main colors in my wardrobe. 

Pink, denim, and grey. 

I used to buy clothes because they were cute or on sale but I ended up with a closet full of clothes where nothing really quite went together or it didn't fit right or ended up being uncomfortable. So I basically had nothing to wear. 

Now I am much more careful about what I buy. It's one of the benefits of decluttering a zillion times over the years! 

This year, I want to work on my personal style. I've always been a jeans and t-shirt girl (keepin' it real), but I want to look a little more stylish and put together without sacrificing comfort. 

I think that by adding a few accessories and upgrading a few wardrobe pieces I can do it on a budget. I'll be using Pinterest for inspiration and guidance on how to put things together to achieve my goal. 

What's my style? Very casual. I dress for the life I live, so I'm not buying business  or gala attire. I'll share examples below...



Now these are winter outfits and we are technically still in Winter, but we get days where it's 70 degrees or better, so I'll share a few ideas for those days, too...



I like to keep things as simple as possible and my wardrobe is no different. I like clothes that can be dressed up or down to fit the occasion.

So my tips for creating a wardrobe you love:
  • Know the colors you love & look fabulous on you!
  • Evaluate your current wardrobe & get rid of anything that doesn't make you look or feel like a million bucks.
  • Write a wish list of items you need to fill in the gaps. 
  • Do you have accessories you can use or do you need to invest in a few pieces? Costume jewelry is fine! 
  • Shoes. Do you have footwear that compliments your look and clothing?
  • Take your time cultivating your new wardrobe. Shop the sales if possible & don't be afraid to try consignment or second hand shops. Buy on;y things you truly love in your colors! 
I hope this helped you. Now, it's your turn...
What's your personal style? 
Any tips you care to share on how you created your fabulous style?
You know I'm listening! x

2 comments:

  1. Such good tips and some really cute ideas!! It’s time for me to work on my wardrobe decluttering next! Kitchen is mostly done for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any area that you can simplify makes less work for you & life so much easier! Glad the tips helped!

      Delete