Monday, January 6, 2020

A Bedroom Fit For A Queen

Pinterest

Years ago I named myself The Queen in jest, after seeing a Mary Englebreit pillow with the saying 'The Queen of Everything'. Oh, the family laughed in good fun, but it stuck. Now I'm known as the Queen. 

One of my goals for this year is to turn my bedroom into a beautiful sanctuary for my husband and I. A room befitting royalty. I want to work on this room first. 

People tend to work on the rooms that company sees - living room, kitchen, dining room, a main bathroom even. Meanwhile the bedrooms are looking pretty shabby. And I get it. But our bedrooms are meant to be restorative, intimate spaces. How much rest and intimacy can happen in a room that's haphazardly thrown together?

In November, I invested in new sheets, a king-size comforter, and curtains. But there is more work to be done. The room needs a fresh paint job. I need some shelves installed, paint my small antique 3 drawer dresser and replace the knobs, and get my husband to either declutter or organize his stuff. Hmmmm....

Being this is the year of my level up in many areas, I am declaring my bedroom as Home Project #1. This room is my top priority as far as beautifying and redecorating. 

Which room are you going to focus on first?
Have any decorating tips for bedrooms? 
Share below.
Listening, as always... x




No comments:

Post a Comment