Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Save Money. Cook at Home.

Photo by Alyson McPhee on Unsplash


One of the easiest ways to save money is to cook your meals at home. When you buy pre-packaged foods or fast food, you are paying more for the convenience and it is far less healthy than the food you can cook yourself.

If you don't know how to cook, now is a great time to learn! If you can read and follow directions, you can cook. Go to Pinterest and look for easy meal ideas and recipes. 

There was a time when I didn't know how to cook. I relied on boxed foods and take out for several years. Then came a time of financial hardship and I was forced to learn how or my family would starve. I would feed my family of 5 on as little as $25/week sometimes. 

With each thing I learned to make myself, my confidence in the kitchen grew. Now I can throw a meal together out of almost nothing! It just takes practice and determination!

Even now, I don't cook fancy or complicated meals. When my family likes a new recipe I try, it goes into my meal rotation of favorites. When I start getting bored with food, I look for new recipes.

Now that we have fallen into a world of uncertainty, we are using up the foods in our pantry and freezer. I have had to become even more creative. I have chosen to look at it as a challenge to keep me on my game. 

How are your cooking skills?


No comments:

Post a Comment