Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Pressing Pause & a Recipe

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash

Since life has come to a standstill for many of us for weeks now, I feel like reality is finally setting in. How much longer will this go on? 

I am a homebody at heart but I do like to go a few places occasionally. Now we have to plan to get to the shops before they close hours earlier than they used to and the places I do enjoy are closed completely. I have spent the past couple days resting mainly. I just needed a good time out so I pressed pause. 

Now I am just trying to happily occupy myself at home. Last night I pulled out a few old binders that had old blog posts I had printed out YEARS ago. One was just pictures of decor that I used to love - so frilly and pink. Think Shabby Chic meets Victorian. It amazes me at how much I have changed in the last decade. 

I have been cooking super easy meals. Tonight we had buffalo chicken burritos. 

Place 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in crock pot
1 packet of Ranch seasoning
1 package of cream cheese
1 cup (est) of buffalo sauce
Cook on high 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours
Serve on tortillas to make burritos or over rice or noodles
Super easy and the family loves it.

Don't beat yourself up if you feel the need to press pause yourself. We are living in trying times. It's okay to take a step back to rest and to keep things simple. Now more than ever....

💕 Check out the links in my bio (sidebar) to find e-books and affordable gifts, home decor, and organizing printables! Thank you for supporting small business! 💕


No comments:

Post a Comment